Pumpkin Spiced Pikelets
Follow @ibs_dietitian for more low-fodmap recipes like this one!
- Prep: 5 min
- Cook: 10 min
- Serves: 1
- ½ cup pumpkin, steamed + pureed
- 3 tbsp gluten free flour
- ½ tsp all spice
- ½ tsp cinnamon
- 2 eggs
- 1 tbsp coconut oil
- ¼ cup pecans
- 1 tbsp rice malt syrup or maple syrup
- In a medium bowl, combine the pureed pumpkin, flour, all spice, cinnamon and eggs.
- Heat oil in a medium frypan over a medium high heat. Add 2 tbsp of mixture to the pan to make pikelets and cook for 1 minute each side or until golden brown, repeat until mixture is used. Set Pumpkin Spiced Pikelets aside.
- In the same pan, add the walnuts and rice malt syrup to caramelise. Stir continuously for 3 minutes and serve with Pumpkin Spiced Pikelets.
Chelsea is a Registered Dietitian based in Australia. She helps women with irritable bowel syndrome take control of their symptoms with her simple 5-step framework so that they can stop putting up with embarrassing & frustrating symptoms and feel empowered to succeed in their careers and social lives. She has studied extensively in Australia as well as in the UK.
FOLLOW FOR MORE RECIPES LIKE THIS: @ibs_dietitian